Sports, Lulz, and Irrelevant Crap
Headlines looked at in a way you can't.... and shouldn't.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
OH GOODY

The Patriots decided between late last night and this morning they would rather have a 2011 3rd round draft pick than a first ballot Hall of Fame receiver and one of the greatest deep threats to ever play the game.

But wait, it gets better.

Unless I'm missing something (which I may well be, this is my interpretation), were the Patriots to lose Randy Moss to another team in free agency this upcoming offseason, they'd recieve compensation. Compensation that would be in the form of.... a third round pick. Granted, it would be in 2012 instead of 2011, but that doesn't strike me as a particularly fucking exciting difference.

Now, I won't be so naive as to say the sole purpose for this being done is the Patriots feel a 3rd round draft pick helps them more than Randy Moss for 3/4 of a season, that isn't the case. It has been rumored (and has to be legitimate for this to make any sense whatsoever) that Randy has been a real pain in the ass in the locker room, bitching about not having catches while his team celebrated a 41-14 stunning victory against the Dolphins, and getting into arguments on the sideline. I get all that. This still sucks.

I'll close with my go-to move whenever I feel like depreciating a draft pick, referring to the 2006 and 2007 Patriot draft classes. Maroney, first round. Chad Jackson, second round. Garret Mills, 4th round. The list goes on and on, basically from those two drafts they got a safety and a kicker. My God. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment