Sports, Lulz, and Irrelevant Crap
Headlines looked at in a way you can't.... and shouldn't.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Look, We've Been Over This...

Patriots are gonna be goooodddd this season yo. I done sawed that Tom Brady last night, he be all precise and..... nah I'm just kidding, this isn't a sports oriented post. You guys don't like those. Man, you should have seen the look on your face, I got you good you fucker. Check out this lightbulb.
An African-American man has pleaded guilty after being accused of impersonating a white supremacist in a fictitious Facebook account to make death threats against an African-American university student. - CNN.com
Rut roh raggy. Look, I understand trolling is the official sport of the internet, I've partaken in it at times myself (gasp), but come on. There are some very basic rules to keep in mind if you're going to do it.

1. Don't tell anyone to kill themselves, because if they do, you're fucked.

2. Don't use an account name that you use for others things, because it makes you very easy to be found, and when that happens, you're fucked.

3. Don't threaten people, because it is very illegal, and the trolling equivalent of a coke runner putting a sign that says "arrest me I have drugs" on the back of their car. It's begging something bad to happen to you, and it's a pristine form of evidence should anyone get sick of your shit and choose legal action against you. Aka you're fucked.

Look, I don't know what made you think this was funny (I could make a lame black joke here, but I'd like to keep SOMETHING on my "Ways I've Alienated Potential Groups Of Readers" list unchecked), it's pretty obscure.
A court document provided by the U.S. attorney's office said Hart told an FBI interviewer that he intended the threat to be a prank "to get a reaction." - CNN.com
Well, mission accomplished, I guess. If you're being interviewed by that particular governmental organization, you certainly got a reaction. Trolls, please keep this in mind before going on your next mission of generating lulz. "You got a big ass head", "you're gay", "your spelling sucks" = acceptable. "I'm going to kill you" = not acceptable. All that does is make the person go from "man, I wonder if I can nail this person for harassment" to "yep. I can definately get this person in trouble". It's all fun and games until you're a retard and end up sending yourself to prison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment