Sports, Lulz, and Irrelevant Crap
Headlines looked at in a way you can't.... and shouldn't.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Seth McFarlane Needs To Go Away

Somebody has to stop Seth McFarlane before he finishes completely ruining TV. Period. Enough is fucking enough.

Look, I'm aware the formula of a dumb father, a disgruntled mother, a slightly less dumb son, a misunderstood daughter and a baby is groundbreaking and has never been done before, but somebody tell this guy to shut the fuck up. Family Guy was a very funny show up until Fox cancelled it. Then, it came back in 2004, and it's pretty much been a pile of shit ever since. Occasionally a good episode, but the formula is basically this:

-LOL OMG STEWIE IS GAY LOL GET IT LOL jokes driven home constantly
-OMG RANDOM LOL cutaways to distract from how bad the story is
-Eight minutes of "original storyline" consisting of agonizingly lame and uninspired jokes (remember when Lois was Peter's love in that old-timey episode and her name was Lady Redbush? WASN'T THAT SO FUCKING FUNNY?)

Then you have American Dad, which is the same God damn thing. Occasionally funny, but usually not. It's basically a compilation of things that didn't make it into the last Family Guy episode. Up to this point, I could deal.

Allow me to introduce you to what is going to be the brokeNCYDE of animated television, The Cleveland Show aka Black Family Guy:



Boy. That was pretty funny. I think I would have rather pissed croutons for the last 41 seconds. Even better, when I saw a topic about this on a message board I frequent, I made a passive comment about how repetitive the formula is by asking "I wonder what kind of talking animal Seth will make a main character in this show?"

"Bears." Somebody responded almost immediately.

Yep, bears. I was joking, I figured Seth would at least mix things up a LITTLE bit, but nope. Fucking bears. This is bullshit. The last drops of talent and humor got squeezed out of this hack at least five years ago, now he's just making progressively worse versions of THE EXACT SAME FUCKING SHOW, and Fox, having absolutely no programming beyond Chef Gordon Ramsey whatsoever, is finding a spot for all of them. Unreal.

I understand the move, though. I mean, Cleveland is such an engaging and fun character. There's so much going on there. He's totally more than a lame ass football pun. Fuck you so much Fox, you're lucky you got Hell's Kitchen and a NFL contract.
1 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
agreed 100%

Post a Comment